Business Ethics and Anti-Bribery Policy
The following policy sets a series of ground rules we commit to follow and implement in all aspect of our business. It is our explicit and clear intention to shape our practices according to a lawful and ethical conduct based on three principles:
Respect local and government laws of all the countries we operate in, for all the aspects concerning our business.
Treat others (customers, suppliers, employees) the way we want to be treated and refuse any practice that might be deemed as inappropriate or unfair.
Adhere to this code of conduct in any situation, regardless of any professional or social risk and economic pressure.
On a more specific level, we are committed to apply the above principles to the following three key areas of our business:
Dealing with suppliers and customers
- Be truthful and thorough in the way products are described and presented to customers and prospects.
- Set and negotiate a fair selling price for our products.
- Constantly strive to improve the quality of our products and customer service.
- Ensure that contractual terms and conditions are transparent and accepted by both parties.
- Respect the terms and conditions of the agreements we accept, whether we are buying or selling.
- Avoid being ambiguous or misleading in our communication at all levels.
Dealing with employees
- Recruit people solely on the basis of their competences and skills.
- Avoid any type of discrimination based on ethnic reasons, religious or political views, or any other area pertaining to the personal life of our employees.
- Create and maintain a healthy and safe work environment.
Treatment of personal data
- Collect and treat personal and sensitive information as provided for by the law.
- Be transparent as to how personal information is collected and used.
- Put all the necessary measures in place to keep the confidentiality of personal information intact.
We will ensure that all employees adhere and conform to this code of conduct and its principles, regardless of their position within the company. We also commit to review, improve and update this policy on a regular basis.
We define and understand bribery as the act of giving or promising financial or other advantages to induce an individual to take decisions that are unlawful, unethical, or that – more in general - they would not otherwise take under the circumstances. Corruption is any abuse of a position of power to get an illicit advantage and includes, but is not limited to, bribery.
We also define bribery and corruption as active or passive, depending on whether the individual is on the giving or receiving end.
We reject any form of bribery and corruption - whether active or passive, public or private - not only because it is a crime, but also because it is completely against all ethical and sound business practices.
Members of the personnel or their families must not give or receive personal rewards when dealing with customers and suppliers, beyond what is considered reasonable within the normal business practice.
Any deviation from this code of conduct will not be tolerated.